Forums

TopicThe Ultimate Gift, The Reason For the Season

• Fri 27th Nov 2020 - 6:06am

In a large Summer Solstice celebration one year, I created a ceremony 10 Minute Awakening Review around abundance to honor one of the primary teachings of that season. One of the key elements I included in the ceremony was a fun dance called an "a-bun-dance" to call abundance into our lives. We danced all night, activating abundance, and came away revitalized.

The Wheel gradually took deep root in my life, and as I worked with it personally I also began facilitating it in workshops. Then a couple of years ago, when I was doing research for another subject, I made a key discovery. I found out that in ancient China, people interested in observing nature placed a pole approximately 8-feet tall in the ground and measured the amount of shadow and light created by the sun over the course of a year.

The resulting pattern from these measurements became one of their most sacred symbols - the yin/yang. The sun actually creates the symbol in shadow and light over the course of a year. While I knew the patterns of light and dark changed, I had never seen it as so balanced. You can see on the symbol the movement of the sun as its most extreme dark time in the Northern Hemisphere, Winter Solstice, brings forth the light cycle and as the most extreme light time, Summer Solstice, subtly gives birth to the dark part of the cycle once again. Also, the yin/yang shows the two places where the light and the dark fall into complete balance when the equinoxes occur.

https://healthierlifeblog.com/reviews/program/10-minute-awakening/

Please register or login to post forum replies